Thursday 10 October 2013

My First Entry...

To be successful... you MUST know your GOAL
Assalamualaikum and Greetings all,

First off all thank you for visiting this blog. I've been thinking to start a blog specific on BCM topics for quite sometimes. Alhamdulillah (thanks to Allah), I finally got the courage to put down my first few words on this blog.

FYI... I've been doing BC and DR related work since 2000, but only got serious about the BCM in 2008 when I was hired to join a local telecommunication company which provides a high-security and high-availability communication infrastructure to the government agencies.

I got certified as an Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) from DRI International in 2011 and completed (and passed) my professional course of CBCLA (Certified Business Continuity Lead Assessor) six months later. I'm also a certified ISO9001 Internal Auditor and a certified professional in Cloud Computing Essential (CE) from CompTIA, USA.

I've been developing BCM Program for various industries, both in private organization and government sector. I'm also actively giving consultancy service and training on various BCM topics.

Why am I starting this blog? I think it is time for me to share my experience in BCM with you (especially those newbie in this program). I understand the frustration of not knowing how to start, where to begin and when to do what... which at the end stall the entire process of BCM in the organization. For a beginner in BCM, not able to deliver or to show something of significant in BCM to the management will leave a bad impression on our capability to develop and establish the program.

I hope through this blog I will be able to guide you, the BCM Manager/Coordinator, on starting a program right first time. Deliver quick wins which will impress the bosses (hahaha...). And make a successful and sustainable BCM program for your organization.

Stay tune to my next entry...



Your BCM Mentor,


SHARIMAN AZEZE OTOH
(aka CYBERAZEZE)

No comments:

Post a Comment